If you are liking the windows 8 music app then you would surely want to sync all your music files with Xbox music player. But by default Xbox music player only syncs those music files which are present in your Music Library. To make Xbox music player index your other music files which are not present in your Music Library you have to add them manually.
By adding them manually does not mean to copy them into your Music Library, what you need to do is to manage your music libraries and manually add the location of that folder where your other music files are located. To do this, follow the given steps:
- At the Windows 8 Start screen, select the Desktop tile. This will take you to the classic desktop view.
- Select Windows Explorer (the manila folder next to the Internet Explorer icon).
- Under Libraries, select Music.
- Select Manage on the ribbon.
- Select Manage Library.
- Select the Add button.
- Select the folder where your music is stored, and then select Include Folder.
The steps are graphically shown below: